Sunday, October 26, 2008

God's Overflowing Cup

Many, many songs speak to God's power, his ability to take our loads from us. Have you ever really stopped to put this into perspective in your own life, though?

Every day I am surrounded by people who see the blessings God has surrounded me with (read children) and say, "I don't know how you do it" or something along those lines. To which I smile and tell them that I don't. God does.

I see countless women with one or two children who are barely making it through their days. My heart aches for them. For I know the peace and strength that comes from running to God with your problems. I am NOT the world's greatest wife, daughter, mom, friend, etc. I have no secret that guides my day. I simply readily admit that I can't do it all. I can't do any of it.
God gives me patience to answer 100 questions a day of why this, what happened to that, where are they going. He gives me the physical strength to be able to get 5-6 hours of sleep at night and yet wake up renewed and refreshed and tend my family...both in my home and outside of it.
I would ask this of you - are you stressed? Are you tired? Do you feel worn down by your daily life? These should be red flags to you that you are not walking with your Father.
Now, I'm not saying your life should be a fairytale and if not then you are doing something wrong. Far from it.

As God's children we were not promised less problems. We were promised more. But what we were also promised is someone to carry our load for us and all we have to do is walk beside Him! Let me give you a Biblical picture of this played out. Imagine you are sitting among a group of friends and someone comes up to tell you that your house has burned to the group and all your children have been killed. How would you react? Would you like a picture of how God aches for us to react when we face difficulty? He provided it! He did so by recording the story of His son, Job. When this happened to Job he ran outside and tore all his clothing. In those times it was an outward sign of the grief within. Do you know what he called out as he collapsed on the ground? That he LOVED God and he proceeded to worship Him!

God did not prevent Satan from taking Job's home and children. In fact, He gave Satan permission to do so! Because God knew Job's hope and faith and comfort did not lay in those places, but instead it was firmly planted in God and God alone. And in return for Job's faith and continued and consistent walk with God, he was provided with so much comfort and peace during his time of grief that the first thing he did after hearing such horrific news was to praise God! If God can comfort a man whose entire family has been taken Home in one moment how much more do you think He can comfort you in your daily struggles? A God who can give you your children can surely give you the patience to train them. The same God who provided for you to be exactly where you are right now is more than capable and anxiously awaiting you to seek His help!

So now my question to you would be do you want to weather the storms of your earthly life alone or are you willing to let your Father carry the load of your struggles for you while you walk peacefully beside Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment